Tactical Recovery Program
Safe Harbor Recovery Center is PsychArmor certified as a Veteran-Ready healthcare organization, specially trained to support members of the military community.
How We Help Veterans & Their Families
To help us better understand and serve the needs of our nation’s Veterans, we intentionally include both Veterans and people in long-term recovery on our staff. Safe Harbor understands that our Veterans and their family members have unique needs that should be addressed by highly-trained professionals who understand what it’s like to serve. Safe Harbor’s staff have participated in PsychArmor’s training program so we can better assist our servicemen and women throughout their recovery from substance use. Our treatment program includes family and support system involvement when appropriate, and we welcome service dogs.
Safe Harbor is also a member of the Department of Veterans Affairs Community Care Network, which utilizes Veteran’s benefits to cover the cost of treatment through the Mission Act.
This program includes:
- A 45-day residential treatment program for Veterans
- Trauma-informed treatment model
- PsychArmor Certified program
- Individualized treatment plans to include whole-person wellness (weekly yoga, nutrition education, and gym equipment on-site)
- Intentional staffing to include Veterans and persons in long-term recovery (counselors and nurses on-site 7 days per week)
- Treatment to include family & support system involvement
- Collaborative relationship between Safe Harbor treatment team, the VA, and other Veteran support services
- Weekly Equine Therapy
- Neurofeedback Services
PHP Program for Veterans
Partial Hospitalization Program
3516 Queen Street, Portsmouth, VA 23707
- Day treatment 8:30am-3:30pm Monday-Friday
- Comprehensive treatment services, including Gorski Relapse Prevention Curriculum
- Whole-person wellness, including weekly yoga and mindfulness education
- Daily continental breakfast and lunch
- Weekly medical management appointments
- Aftercare planning and individual counseling