Do you need Portsmouth drug rehab in Virginia? Safe Harbor Recovery Center provides non-judgmental, compassionate care for men and women suffering from substance use disorder.
What Do We Treat at Our Portsmouth Drug Rehab Center?
- Alcohol Addiction
- Drug Addiction
- Mental Health Disorders that commonly occur with addiction
What Are the Signs of Alcohol Addiction?
- Temporary blackouts/short term memory loss
- Extreme mood swings and irritability
- Making excuses to drink to lessen stress, relax, or feel normal
- Drinking alone or in secrecy
- Choosing to drink over other obligations
- Isolating yourself from friends and family
- Feeling hungover when you aren’t drinking
- When you are unable to drink you feel nauseous, sweaty, and shaky
Alcohol addiction is usually indicated when you have problems with family, friends, and work due to your alcohol use. Some people suffer from alcohol addiction yet manage to live outwardly successful lives. Functional alcoholics hide their pain from others, but they too need help to free themselves from addiction.
What Are the Signs of Drug Addiction?
- The need to use the drug regularly
- Intense urges to use the drug, blocking out other thoughts
- Needing to take more and more of the drug to feel the same effect
- Spending time searching for the drug
- Abandoning your responsibilities, and curtailing your activities because of drug use
- Failing to stop taking the drug
- Doing uncharacteristic things, such as stealing to get money for the drug
- When you attempt to stop taking the drug, you feel nauseous, sweaty, and shaky
Several different types of mental disorders go hand in hand with addiction. Each addiction has its own set of variables, and each person needs to be evaluated individually. Therapy and counseling will be unique to the individual and their past experiences. It is essential to have an accurate diagnosis for treatment to be successful.
What Is a Residential Treatment Program?
A residential treatment center is a type of live-in-facility that provides therapy for addiction disorders, mental illness, and behavioral problems. A Portsmouth drug rehab center might treat alcohol and drug addictions. They will also be equipped to deal with mental disorders related to your addiction.
Everyone has a different story, and everyone's addiction is different. Individualized therapy is critical for long term freedom from addiction. A calm and peaceful environment is needed so you can work through your problems and learn how to manage your addiction.
During your residential treatment program, we will help you develop a plan that outlines your recovery. It is vital to create a continuing care program that is personalized with your objectives. You have to consider what type of support system you have, as well as your physical and mental health. There are several avenues you can explore, including intensive outpatient programs, 12-step recovery groups in your community, and sober living homes.
What Happens After Residential Treatment?
Once you are finished with your residential program, there are several things to bear in mind. You will need to continue to work on living a clean, sober, and drug-free life. You will always have work to do, but it gets easier over time.
View Larger Map